Latest Movie :
Loading...
Home » , » A woman from a marginalized community

A woman from a marginalized community

Rate it :
Advertisement
Loading...

In another instance, Devi Kohli, from Malam, Doti, points out how she was deprived of the opportunity to go to school solely, because of her gender but is willing to do everything in her capacity for her to be able to send her children to school.A woman from a marginalized community from central Nepal, Sirjana recalls, “When my father remarried after my mother died, my stepmother took all my books and pencils from me and said, ‘Look who wants to go to school and study. There is no need, go work in the fields, go look after the animals, go wash the pots.’ So that was the end of it.”

It is also remarkable to witness how many women who did not receive proper education have understood that it is the only tool that could liberate their children from the life of oppression they have endured. Today, in many villages in Nepal, a mother plays a pivotal role in educating not only her sons but also her daughters. She understands that it is only through education that her daughter will receive equal opportunity. Sirjana avers, “Today, my suffering has become the only inspiration for me to send my children to school.”
https://youtu.be/giaTP-uWXqM
Advertisement
Loading...
Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger.
TOP
Copyright © 2014. USA NEPAL - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by ThemeXpose