Latest Movie :
Loading...
Home » » The skydiving trip in Pokhara which was organised

The skydiving trip in Pokhara which was organised

Rate it :
Advertisement
Loading...

The price is relatively reasonable, especially if it is a once-in-a-lifetime treat. The next thing to overcome was the fear of jumping off an aircraft and freefalling through the air. But once I watched some of the videos of skydiving in Nepal on YouTube I knew I had to do it.My friends who had done it before told me it was less scary than bungee-jumping. I called up a friend who had bungeed with me some years ago, and he first balked not because of the jump but because of the cost. However, once he saw the video he messaged back: “Hunchha, I’m in.” I came across information about the skydiving trip in Pokhara which was organised from 12-15 November on social media and called up Explore Himalaya which also organises skydiving in the Everest region.So, on 15 November, we met up with the tandem master Ryan Jackson in Pokhara for a detailed briefing about techniques, body posture during freefall and safety issues. I was in capable hands: Jackson has done more than 5,000 jumps and quite a few of those have been in Nepal.We hopped into a helicopter and I got strapped with Jackson and had to actually sit on his lap while we climbed above Phewa Lake amidst the stunning backdrop of Machhapuchre and the Annapurnas. We got the thumbs up when the helicopter reached 12,000ft and jumped off.
Advertisement
Loading...
Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger.
TOP
Copyright © 2014. USA NEPAL - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by ThemeXpose